Authentic Greek yogurt! Deliciously rich and tangy, this heirloom thermophilic starter can be re-cultured indefinitely. Drain whey from the finished product to replicate super-thick commercial Greek yogurt or enjoy as-is.
- Each box contains 2 packets of yogurt starter
- Activate 1 packet using 1 quart pasteurized milk; store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- This culture is also suitable for use with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- For an even creamier consistency, make a batch with 1 part heavy cream to 3 parts whole milk.
- Yogurt is delicious with added fruit or sweetener, and great in many recipes.
Greek Yogurt Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting:
- Instructions for using this culture may be found here.
- Having trouble making Greek yogurt? Browse our Yogurt Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Ingredients: Organic milk, live active bacteria.
This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Shipping Information and Shelf-life: Our Greek starter culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried yogurt culture. The starter keeps
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 3 to 4 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 9 months unopened
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12 months unopened
Manufactured in a facility that also produces products made with gluten and dairy.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.