If you crave sourdough bread from San Francisco, our San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture is the perfect sourdough starter for you.
Our San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture contains Lactobacillus sanfranciscensis bacteria and wild yeast Candida humilis,giving this sourdough starter that famous San Francisco taste. Use it to make sourdough bread, chocolate chip sourdough cookies, and a wide variety of other sourdough baked goods.
Using Our San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture
- Each box contains 1 packet of dehydrated San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture
- Store in a cool, dry place until ready to activate.
- Activate using white flour and unchlorinated, unfluoridated water.
- Our San Francisco Sourdough Starter is easy to use and maintain.
- Learn more about how to feed your sourdough starter and sourdough baking.
Recipes for Sourdough Bread and More
Sourdough starters are not just for baking bread. Any baked good can be made better with sourdough. Browse our wide selection of sourdough recipes for a new take on old favorites.
San Francisco Sourdough Starter Ingredients:
- Organic white wheat flour, live active cultures
San Francisco Sourdough Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting:
- Dried sourdough starter cultures can be ready to create baked goods within 3-5 days.
- Sourdough starters culture at room temperature, 70-85ºF.
- Instructions for using this sourdough starter are included and can be found here.
- Having trouble activating your sourdough starter? Browse our sourdough troubleshooting articles or contact us for assistance.
San Francisco Sourdough Starter Shipping Information and Shelf-life:
Our San Francisco Sourdough Starter Culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a dehydrated culture. The San Francisco Sourdough starter is best if stored:
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 12 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 12+ months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12+ months
San Francisco Sourdough Allergen Information:
Manufactured in a facility that produces products made with gluten and dairy.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.